Empowered to Connect
Defend 82:3 will be hosting the “Empowered to Connect” Simulcast event on Friday, April 7 and Saturday, April 8 from 10am-6pm.
The purpose of Empowered to Connect is to educate and equip families, churches, and professionals to serve children who come from hard places. Those attending ETC will learn about Trust Based Relational Intervention (TBRI), which is an attachment based, trauma informed approach designed to meet the complex needs of vulnerable children. The content is ideal for adoptive and foster parents, those considering adoption or foster care, and those who are serving and supporting others, including social workers, agency professionals, church staff and ministry leaders, counselors, and therapists.
The purpose of Defend 82:3 is to impact the world one child, one family, and one opportunity at a time.
The Defend 82:3 Ministry seeks to accomplish its mission by equipping, enlisting, and empowering the people of Mount Pleasant Christian Church to defend vulnerable children domestically and internationally through adoption, foster care, and global orphan care opportunities.
- Equip: Educating families and individuals as they defend the fatherless through the use of a resource library, events, and conferences.
- Enlist: Providing opportunities for anyone to serve the orphan regardless of age, marital status, and life situation.
- Foster Care
- Global Orphan Care
- Empower: Building the confidence and hope of those who are currently serving children from hard places, as well as anyone who is interested or ready to serve vulnerable children.
We are thrilled to provide a point of connection and education for anyone with a heart for orphan care! Psalm 82: 3-4 says, “Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.” This is our charge from the Word of God and we are answering the call.
- February 23, 2017 Dessert Social & Panel Discussion
- April 7-8, 2017 Empower to Connect Simulcast
- August 27, 2017 Family Cook Out
To connect, please contact Amy Abell or Heidi Wright .